I know some people search the world
To find something like what we have
I know people will try try to divide something so real
So til the end of time I'm telling you there is no one
~Alicia Keys
I've been so hooked on this song for the past few days, that everyday I'm out I have to listen to this song at least once. I think it has to do with the lyrics. I am always a sucker for sad melancholy lyrics or the true romantic lyrics. I try to apply music to my life and my situations and I'm sure others do as well. I think that's why music can be such a bonding subject for everyone. Because everyone thinks that they feel the same way at some point in their life.
Anyway,
Enough of my ramblings about music and bonding.
I wanted to talk about my man. The person who has inspired me to love this song as much as I do. In fact, it's he who I think of all the time when I listen to music. This person has inspired to me try to be my best even when life is giving me the dimmest possible light to follow. He has been someone who has stuck by me when I have been at my most downtrodden. He has picked me up from the dirt and wiped the tears from my eyes when I thought there was no one who could. It was he who told me that I could be anything and do anything. There is no one I feel safer with. There is a deep understanding between us that no one can touch or know. When we fight, it's this energy that I hate and don't want to deal with but for some reason it just makes me love him more after. It makes me realize just how important he is to me.
I love his intelligence, his hunger to learn and absorb facts. Sometimes I just enjoy watching him read and interact, he's so smart. I don't think he ever realizes how intelligent he is. It's so sexy when he learns, it makes me love him and want him more. It's not only his intelligence, it's his passion and his wit. When he teases me, at times I hate it, but I know that if it were to be gone I would miss it terribly. When he sings to me, it's just for me and it makes it that special.
Not only is he intelligent, he's so handsome and the fact that he's modest about it makes me crave him. I don't think he knows just how physically attracted I am to him. Those blue eyes that sparkle when he's happy, that darken when he's angry. His lips that I want to kiss all day. His strong hands that make me melt. I love it all.
We've been together for almost four years and it never feels that long. I know that he is the person that I want to be with the rest of my life. My soulmate as people say.
So this entry is dedicated to you, though I tell you how much I love you everyday, you really do mean everything to me. Thank you for being you and the person who has carried when I couldn't walk on my own.

No comments:
Post a Comment