Friday, February 29, 2008

Another annoyance post

Dear Girl Who Sits Ahead of Me to My Left,

I really don't enjoy the fact that you cover your ears when we are listening to music from Asia (i.e. Vietnam and Thailand) as if it is so painful it will make your ears bleed if you don't. You then proceed to say how "annoying" the string instrument is when the class is asked how they felt about the music. What bothers me the most, isn't the fact that you cover your ears or say that it's annoying, it's the fact that you say and pretend that you are open minded and well rounded and cultured and all this other crap but then your actions and reactions prove otherwise. If I were to cover my ears at your Slavic culture, (I can't quite place her accent) it would be blasphemy, disaster, I'd be called a racist all this other shit. But it's ok that you and even my professor poke fun at the music in some way. It bugs the shit out of me that ignorant people like you are in a WORLD music class. You are going to listen to all different types of music from different places, this is why it's called WORLD music. In some way shape or form some of the music that you like and listen to is influenced by this horrible annoying music. Expand your brain you idiot.

Sincerely,
Me

Dear Professor,

I'm sorry that the instrument isn't named to your liking...that "Ching" is so COMMON and used so much. Meanwhile you were the one who brought up that Asia is a tonal area...meaning that the same letter or word can be pronounced differently to signify a different word. So it doesn't matter if CHING is common. There so many ignorant things and rants that I can say right now to throw back at you, but being the better person I am I will refrain. You are from another country, a whole different world, where the perspective may be different for you, I would expect at least you would have an open mind and some type of cultured lifestyle being that you teach in other countries and lived in another country for some time. But no, you are disappointing like many of the ignorant people in my class. Don't make fun of something that is unfamiliar or new or better yet make fun of something to go along with the majority of the class so you seem cool. It's not acceptable. It's typical and mediocre and all the things I try to stay away from. So now I realize that not only will I have to sit in this boring class, I will have to realize that half the shit that comes out of your mouth should come from your ass.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments: